After his unexpected death last month, a medical examiner reports Prince died from an opioid overdose.

RELATED: Madonna Claps Back At The Haters of Her Billboard Tribute to Prince [PHOTO]

According to reports, the 57-year-old singer had been treated just days before his death from a Percocet overdose, believed to have been taken to treat flu-like symptoms. Percocet is a form of an opioid, but was not confirmed to have been the opioid found in Prince’s system at the time of the toxicology report was released.

The music icon’s death is currently being investigated by the Sheriff’s Office of Carver County in Minnesota. Despite the ME’s new report, the long-awaited autopsy report has yet to be released, showing the singer’s actual cause of death.

Investigators are focusing on whether or not Percocet did actually play a role in Prince’s death, and if so how did he obtain the painkillers. Known to have lived a healthy lifestyle, Prince was known for not drinking or taking prescription drugs. It is believed he may have also been recovering from pain caused by years of performing in high heels.

RELATED: Music Icon Prince Passes Away at 57 

The legend was found in an elevator to his Paisley Park home last month, where he was pronounced dead on the scene. Prince’s estate is also being investigated as a will for the singer has yet been found.

Something’s not adding up here! We’ll be sure to keep you posted as the story unfolds.

Never miss a story! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram , @BlameEbro and like our Facebook page, here.

About The Author Nicole Webb

22-Yr-Old NY-Born & Raised. D[M]V Native. '90s-'00s Hip Hop Enthusiast. Avid Concert Goer. Gummy Bear Fanatic. Journalist w. a fro.

comments (0)

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>