After Prime Minister Theresa May raised the terror threat level to “critical,” three more men were arrested for their alleged link to the Ariana Grande concert bombing on May 22. This is the highest that it’s been since 2007.
The suspected bomber Salman Abedi (22 years old) was thought to live in South Manchester as well as the new suspects were found after the Greater Manchester authorities called for a warrant for their arrest. The identities of these men were not yet released.
GMP statement – Three men arrested pic.twitter.com/ohuGs4iR8g
— G M Police (@gmpolice) May 24, 2017
The British authorities are currently trying to figure out id the attacker was a lone wolf in the case or if there was more help to the malicious incident. U.S. officials also tap into the knowledge of Abedi’s background that he was born in the U.K. to Libyan parents and also traveled not too long ago to Libya. In Monday night’s attack officials have concluded that the bomb killed 22 people, 60 were taken to the hospital for their server injuries and as of Wednesday morning, all families have been contacted over the regards of their love ones that were involved. Below NPR’s Frank Langfitt had this broadcasted statement to say:
“In some of my conversations that I’ve had with people who are following this very closely, the feeling is that they were aware of the bomber, but they didn’t think that he had the ability to pull off something like this, something of such sophistication and something so effective and deadly.”
Those who were killed in the attack core ages were 8-year-old and young students, to parents and young adults who were unaware that something so devastating could happen at a peaceful Ariana Grande concert. ISIS has claimed the attack, however, it is unknown how much effort they put in the crime. So far there has been four arrests and still clues looking into if Abedi was planning this catastrophe with a team or not.
“Is part of an agreed and well -rehearsed plan and military personnel will remain under the command and control of the police service. The investigation into the terrorist attack in Manchester is large-scale, fast-moving and making good progress. [The public] to remain calm but alert. We will do all we can to protect the Capital that we serve at this unsettling time,” said Commander Jane Connors, who leads the London policing operation. “All our work is designed to make our city as hostile an environment as possible for terrorists to plan and operate. [Police Project Servator] This tactic uses teams of specialist police officers who have been trained to spot the tell tale signs that a person may be carrying out hostile reconnaissance or committing other crime. The approach is based on extensive research into the psychology of criminals and what undermines their activities.” said U.K.’s National Counter Terrorism Policing unit, Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley.